2 Hour Yin Yoga Workshops
Are you looking to bring a special event to your studio? This 2 Hour Yin Class is one of my most well attended offerings and consistently draws a crowd of experienced and new students alike. Here's a flyer-ready workshop description:
Yin Yoga validates the power of stillness and gives value to qualities like quiet, slow, and calm. A yin yoga practice is a practice of becoming embodied, in a gentle and loving way, to heal the parts of us that have over-worked or burnt out. It is also deeply soothing for the mind and emotions.
We will spend time in yin yoga postures that rejuvenate the whole body-mind spectrum by energizing the organ meridians. You'll also be gently guided through a seated meditation to melt away layers of stress and tension.
This workshop is open to all levels of yoga students.
Yin Yoga Teacher Training
Over the past 10 years, I've had the privilege of training over 50 vinyasa yoga teachers in the art and science of sharing yin yoga. My experience and passion for Yin Yoga Teacher Training, and the intimate nature of this course, make it an exceptional choice for anyone interested in learning how to slow down. This is truly a life-changing program. Here's an overview of what I cover:
In this training, you will learn:
- How to describe, demonstrate and assist for 31 yin yoga postures
- How to choose postures for symptoms or requests your students have, based on the principals of Ayurveda and Chinese Medicine
- How to sequence postures based on organ meridians
- How to hold the space for quiet practice and inward reflection
- How to instruct your students in returning the mind to one point of focus while in a yin yoga posture
- The myriad physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual benefits of yin yoga
- The contraindications of yin yoga
- The energy of yin and yang, and how understanding these two energies can create greater balance in one’s life on every level.
In this training you will receive:
- A comprehensive paper manual with pictures of each pose and it’s modifications for different body types, as well as workbook-style pages for learning the philosophy, science and practice of yin yoga
- 10 Hours of guided yin yoga asana practice
- 5 Hours of guided meditation practice
- Personalized attention in a small group setting
- A 60-minute practice class, where you teach your fellow teacher trainees, and Sally, and receive confidential, compassionate, and honest feedback from everyone
- On-going support and mentorship with Sally after graduation via email
- A graduation certificate upon completion of the course and all it’s homework requirements
Organs of Emotion: Healing the Subtle Body with Yin Yoga
This 3 -5 day retreat takes you on an inner journey that opens doors to profound physical and emotional healing. In the Yoga tradition, our bodies are made up of much more than simply flesh and bone. When imbalances and illnesses exist, the “treatment” must always include the mind, emotions, and subtle aspects of our being. The ancient Yogis and Yoginis mapped the subtle body in terms of 5 layers, called the 5 Koshas, and 7 primary centers within those layers, called the Chakras. We’ll also explore the 4 functions of the mind according to Ayurveda (Manas, Buddhi, Chitta, and Ahamkara), for a complete understanding of the Subtle Body and all it’s aspects.
You’ll learn how spending time in yin yoga asanas, as well as seated meditation, can clean the emotional and mental imprints of the past, dissolving karmas and washing away deep seated fears. You'll also be gently guided through organ healing meditations, which include work with color visualization, healing sounds and mudras.
This retreat is open to all levels of yoga students, and is especially helpful for teachers looking to offer more Yoga Philosophy and Subtle Anatomy to their students. It includes guided practice sessions and group discussion.