This training will meet on Saturdays + Sundays from 11:30am-7:30pm on the following dates:
July 7, 8
July 14, 15
July 28, 29
August 11, 12
August 18, 19
Location: The Prancing Peacock, Langhorne PA
Yin Yoga offers tools, techniques, and a somatic approach to deepening your spiritual practice. In this training you’ll immerse yourself in Yin Yoga asanas to release tension from the muscles and fascia, as well as move your awareness from external stimuli to the inner landscape. Learn from an embodied master who has helped thousands of students take their mindfulness practice to another level.
For those interested in teaching, you’ll leave feeling well-equipped with a detailed understanding of how to teach each posture, sample sequences for organ meridians, emotions, common ailments, and more, as well as practice teaching experience, and feedback from your peers and Sally. For those who aren’t interested in sharing the practice with others, the training provides an incredible transformation of body and mind, with no pressure to teach Yin Yoga.
Included in Yin Yoga Training:
- 10 Guided Meditation Lessons to reduce anxiety and induce a calm state of mind
- 10 Guided Yin Yoga Classes to learn the poses in your own body, through your own experience, and with various modifications
- 3 Philosophy Lectures on Taoism, Yin & Yang, 5 Elements, 10 Organs and Spiritual Practice
- 4 Yin Yoga Lifestyle Discussions on creating a sacred space for practice, timing and scheduling your practice, the yin breath, and dharana techniques, as well as sample yin yoga sequences, contraindications and rewards of yin yoga, staying balanced with Yang Yoga and caring for yourself as a Yin Yogi
- Yin Yoga Ethics: Yamas & Niyamas, Boundaries and Business
- Physical Anatomy, including fascia, principals of joint mobility and soft tissue release exercises as well as organ anatomy and disease correlation
- Energetic Anatomy, including mapping the meridians, emotions and their organ correlations
- Teaching Methodology, including the role of a Yin Yoga teacher, how to hold space, and a teaching feedback circle
- Practice Teaching for those who are interested
Sally Miller, E-RYT 500 is an international yoga teacher, meditation guide, and ayurvedic consultant. Sally trained with Sarah Powers, one of the founders of Yin Yoga, in 2008 and started her 10 year journey of learning how to cultivate yin energy on a daily basis. Her students find their time with her transformational.
Price: $1,500. Includes manual.
Early Bird Discount: $1,350 if registered by April 1st
Payment plans are available. Please email email@example.com for details.